Outstanding diversity of wildlife and habitats
This is one of the most comprehensive workshop photo safaris we offer, covering two distinct ecosystems with unrivaled wildlife diversity and unique landscapes. Combining both the Serengeti and Ruaha at the perfect time of the year to experience the best of both.
Picture the chaos of the Great Migration crossing the Mara river, cheetah, lions and elephant on the open savanna – everything lush and green; then contrast that with the arid dry season in Ruaha, with Greater and Lessor Kudu, Giant Baobab trees, Roan antelope, all the big cats and so much more.
- Great Migration, river crossings
- Mara ecosystem diversity
- Ruaha ecosystem diversity
(+2 travel days)
Day 1Sat Aug, 15Arrive Arusha (JRO)Arrive at Arusha airport in the evening, transfer to the Mount Meru Hotel
Day 2Sun Aug, 16AM flight to Grand Mara CampFirst morning in Tanzania! Post breakfast transfer to the local Arusha airport for flight to the Mara River Lamai airstrip. Afternoon / evening game drive.
Day 3Mon Aug, 17Grand Mara CampAM game drive around the Mara river in search of imminent migration crossings. Evening game drive in savanna habitat.
Day 4Tue Aug, 18Grand Mara CampGame drive in the open savanna concentrating on cheetah and lions
Day 5Wed Aug, 19Grand Mara CampGame drive around the Mara river in search of imminent migration crossings and photographing other wildlife.
Day 6Thu Aug, 20Grand Mara CampAll day game drive - special evening dinner on the savanna, catered from the main camp.
Day 7Fri Aug, 21Fly to Grand Ruaha Tented LodgeAM game drive to the Lamai airstrip - flight to Msembe airstrip in Ruaha. Afternoon game drive in Ruaha - overnight Grand Ruaha Tented Lodge.
Day 8Sat Aug, 22Grand Ruaha Tented LodgeAM and PM game drives photographing the diverse wildlife in Ruaha National Park - overnight Grand Ruaha Tented Lodge
Day 9Sun Aug, 23Grand Ruaha Tented LodgeAM and PM game drives photographing the diverse wildlife in Ruaha National Park - overnight Grand Ruaha Tented Lodge
Day 10Mon Aug, 24Grand Ruaha Tented LodgeAM and PM game drives photographing the diverse wildlife in Ruaha National Park - overnight Grand Ruaha Tented Lodge
Day 11Tue Aug, 25Grand Ruaha Tented Lodge
Day 12Wed Aug, 26AM game drive, Depart for DARMorning game drive to Msembe airstrip / Fly Ruaha to DAR / Day room at hotel, late evening departure home.
The Serengeti is personified by the Great Migration, and witnessing it's perilous crossing of the Mara River is perhaps one of the most sought after photographic events. This safari offers that and much more. We've timed this safari for the best opportunities to shoot the Mara river crossings, as well as the incredible diversity of wildlife the Serengeti holds, followed by a direct flight to Ruaha to experience an entirely different ecosystem.
Dedicating five nights in the Northern Serengeti in the Lamai area at the Grand Mara Camp, then flying to Ruaha for an additional five nights at the Grand Ruaha Tented Lodge.
- 100% escorted from time of arrival in Tanzania to departure
- All lodging in Tanzania
- All meals while in camp
- Drinks, incl. bottled water, soft drinks, beer, variety of house spirits & wine while in camp
- Unlimited game drives
- Premium guest suites & tents, double occupancy
- Laundry in camp
- All transportation, airport transfers during your stay in Tanzania
- Pre & post safari hotels in Arusha or Dar es Salaam
- All national park & conservatory fees
- Basic medical evacuation insurance
- WiFi when available
- Internal flights: Arusha > Serengeti, Serengeti > Ruaha, Ruaha > Dar es Salaam
- Photography instruction & assistance from safari leaders
- International flights
- Personal items
- Premium wines/spirits
- Drinks and Alcoholic beverages at pre/post safari hotels
- Extra days beyond the itinerary (camp and hotels)
- Photo equipment unless otherwise arranged
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Premium medical evacuation insurance
- Tanzania visa fee ($100)
- Walking safari fees
- Night game drive fees