Holiday safari in Ruaha
Christmas in Ruaha! The perfect getaway for a couple or the entire family. Christmas is simply the most beautiful time of year in Ruaha – with everything green, yet with the grass still low for viewing wildlife. It is also a fantastic time for increased migratory birds. As always, this is an all-inclusive safari.
- Christmas in Ruaha
- Optional Zanzibar add-on
(+2 travel days)
Day 1Mon Dec, 21Arrive Dar es Salaam / Serena HotelLate evening arrival DAR, overnight at Serena Dar es Salaam Hotel
Day 2Tue Dec, 22AM flight: DAR to RuahaAM flight from DAR to Ruaha arriving before noon - game drive to camp to get settled in. Evening game drive.
Day 3Wed Dec, 23Grand Ruaha CampExplore Ruaha with daily game drives
Day 4Thu Dec, 24Grand Ruaha CampExplore Ruaha with daily game drives - Christmas eve dinner and festivities
Day 5Fri Dec, 25Grand Ruaha Camp - Merry Christmas!Christmas morning Game drive - followed by special evening dinner and event
Day 6Sat Dec, 26Grand Ruaha CampExplore Ruaha with daily game drives
Day 7Sun Dec, 27Grand Ruaha Camp - Flight to DARMorning game drive / flight to DAR, Day room at the Serena Dar es Salaam, late evening transfer to airport.
Priced for a private vehicle and guide for 2 persons and double occupancy per suite. This is a beautiful time of year in Ruaha, as it's green without the grass being too tall. The birdlife swells this time of year, and the occasional rains refresh the landscape allowing the wildlife to disperse. That said, wildlife sightings are not confined to water sources, which makes for exciting game drives with surprises just around the corner.
It's Christmas time and the gift of nature will be celebrated. We'll pull out all the trimmings for the decor, special meals and events, making this a wonderful holiday adventure for couples and families.
Note: This safari is priced as a Private safari for 2, however if you have family or friends that would like to share the experience and vehicle, the price per person is discounted $200. per additional person over 2. That's $800 less per person for a total group size 6.
- 100% escorted from time of arrival in Tanzania to departure
- All lodging in Tanzania
- All meals
- All meals while in camp
- Drinks, incl. bottled water, soft drinks, beer, variety of house spirits & wine while in camp
- All game drives
- Unlimited game drives
- Premium guest suites & tents, double occupancy
- Laundry in camp
- All transportation, airport transfers during your stay in Tanzania
- Pre & post safari hotels in Arusha or Dar es Salaam
- All national park & conservatory fees
- Basic medical evacuation insurance
- WiFi when available
- Internal flights: round trip DAR > Ruaha > DAR
- Private guide & vehicle
- International flights
- Personal items
- Premium wines/spirits
- Drinks and Alcoholic beverages at pre/post safari hotels
- Extra days beyond the itinerary (camp and hotels)
- Meals & drinks while at Serena Hotel
- Photo equipment unless otherwise arranged
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Premium medical evacuation insurance
- Tanzania visa fee ($100)
- Walking safari fees
- Night game drive fees