Serengeti and Ruaha Adventure
This Classic safari combines the world famous Great Migration at the time they are crossing the Mara river in the Northern Serengeti, and Ruaha National Park in the South-central part of the country. Three nights in each location will assure an amazing experience and wildlife encounters beyond your wildest dreams.
- Serengeti National Park
- Great Migration River Crossings
- Ruaha National Park
- Optional Zanzibar add-on
- Grand Ruaha Tented Lodge, Ruaha
(+2 travel days)
Day 1Sat Jul, 11Evening arrival TanzaniaArrive Arusha (Kilimanjaro International Airport) Overnight at the Kibo Palace Hotel
Day 2Sun Jul, 12Grand Mara campAfter breakfast we'll head to the Arusha airport for an AM flight to the Lamai airstrip. Game drive to camp in time for lunch, then head out for the evening game drive.
Day 3Mon Jul, 13Grand Mara campAfter breakfast we'll head to the Arusha airport for an AM flight to the Lamai airstrip. Game drive to camp in time for lunch, then head out for the evening game drive.
Day 4Tue Jul, 14Grand Mara CampAM and PM game drives keeping an eye out for any imminent migration crossings. Explore the full range of the Lamai area.
Day 5Wed Jul, 15Fly Lamai to Ruaha - Grand Ruaha Tented LodgeAM game drive to the Lamai airstrip for flight to Ruaha. Arrive Ruaha before noon and game drive to the Grand Ruaha Camp in time for lunch. Evening game drive.
Day 6Thu Jul, 16Grand Ruaha Tented LodgeAM and PM game drives exploring the diversity of the Ruaha ecosystem.
Day 7Fri Jul, 17Grand Ruaha Tented LodgeAM and PM game drives exploring the diversity of the Ruaha ecosystem.
Day 8Sat Jul, 18Fly Ruaha to Dar es salaamAM game drive to Msembe airstrip for flight to Dar es Salaam. Day room at the Serena Hotel and transfer to the airport for a 11pm flight home.
Your first morning in Tanzania will see you flying north from Arusha to the Lamai area of the Northern Serengeti. Enjoy 3 nights/four days at the Grand Mara camp while exploring this very special area. The chances of witnessing the wildebeest crossing the Mara River are high - moreover, this area holds a very high diversity of wildlife - with lions, leopards, cheetah, elephant, giraffe...
We'll depart the Lamai area on the morning of the fourth day with a flight to Ruaha National Park, arriving around noon. Three nights / four days at the Grand Ruaha Tented Lodge will showcase an entirely different ecosystem. Ruaha holds an abundance of unique flora and fauna, breathtaking views and giant baobab trees dominate the landscape.
- 100% escorted from time of arrival in Tanzania to departure
- All lodging in Tanzania
- All meals
- Drinks, incl. bottled water, soft drinks, beer, variety of house spirits & wine while in camp
- All game drives
- Premium guest suites & tents, double occupancy
- Laundry in camp
- All transportation, airport transfers during your stay in Tanzania
- Pre & post safari hotels in Arusha or Dar es Salaam
- All national park & conservatory fees
- Basic medical evacuation insurance
- WiFi when available
- Internal flights: Arusha > Serengeti, Serengeti > Ruaha, Ruaha > Dar es Salaam
- International flights
- Personal items
- Premium wines/spirits
- Drinks and Alcoholic beverages at pre/post safari hotels
- Extra days beyond the itinerary (camp and hotels)
- Photo equipment unless otherwise arranged
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Premium medical evacuation insurance
- Tanzania visa fee ($100)
- Walking safari fees
- Night game drive fees