Wildlife photography at its best
Join Darren Bennett for this comprehensive workshop safari that offers exceptional wildlife photography from the Grand Kopjes Camp. Darren has been a professional wildlife photographer for over 30 years, including a substantial amount of experience in the Serengeti. He will be there to assist all the participants to capture great images by teaching fundamental to advanced techniques to all that desire. He will rotate between vehicles to spend time with all the guests.
This adventure offers an opportunity to experience and capture amazing images in the Serengeti, with an emphasis on capturing the big cats and the famous Great Migration.
- Fantastic photo-ops
- Great Migration
- Big Cats
- Grand Kopjes Camp
(+2 travel days)
Day 1Thu Apr, 02Arrive Arusha, Killimanjaro airport (JRO)Evening arrival at Killimanjaro airport, transfer to the Kibo Palace hotel, overnight.
Day 2Fri Apr, 03AM drive to Grand Kopjes CampEarly breakfast and departure driving to camp, arriving mid day in time for lunch. Get settled in and then an evening game drive.
Day 3Sat Apr, 04Grand Kopjes CampFull day game drive / option to return to camp mid-day
Day 4Sun Apr, 05Grand Kopjes CampFull day game drive / option to return to camp mid-day
Day 5Mon Apr, 06Grand Kopjes CampFull day game drive / option to return to camp mid-day
Day 6Tue Apr, 07Grand Kopjes CampFull day game drive / option to return to camp mid-day
Day 7Wed Apr, 08Grand Kopjes CampFull day game drive / option to return to camp mid-day
Day 8Thu Apr, 09Grand Kopjes CampFull day game drive / option to return to camp mid-day
Day 9Fri Apr, 10Grand Kopjes CampFull day game drive / option to return to camp mid-day
Day 10Sat Apr, 11AM game drive / departure flight back to ArushaAm game drive to the Seronera airstrip then fly back to Arusha. We'll arrive in Arusha in time for a relaxing lunch and afternoon at your hotel. Evening transfer to the airport for your departure flight home.
Every day will offer outstanding photographic opportunities - with the option to return to camp mid-day or stay out all day when the light and wildlife cooperate. Our Eastern Serengeti Grand Kopjes Camp is perfectly located to explore remote areas in all directions. We'll be situated within reach of the ever-moving Great Migration, a wondrous sight and experience in itself. Then add in all the big cats hunting, the abundant diversity wildlife and birds around every corner, and it's an overwhelming spectacle of nature. Our efforts will be concentrated in an area with the highest concentrations of apex predators in the world. This is predator central - with mass prey.
- 100% escorted from time of arrival in Tanzania to departure
- All lodging in Tanzania
- All meals while in camp
- Drinks, incl. bottled water, soft drinks, beer, variety of house spirits & wine while in camp
- Unlimited game drives
- Premium guest suites & tents, double occupancy
- Laundry in camp
- All transportation, airport transfers during your stay in Tanzania
- Pre & post safari hotels in Arusha or Dar es Salaam
- All national park & conservatory fees
- Basic medical evacuation insurance
- WiFi when available
- Internal flights: round trip Arusha > Serengeti
- Photography instruction & assistance from safari leaders
- International flights
- Personal items
- Premium wines/spirits
- Drinks and Alcoholic beverages at pre/post safari hotels
- Extra days beyond the itinerary (camp and hotels)
- Photo equipment unless otherwise arranged
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Premium medical evacuation insurance
- Tanzania visa fee ($100)